Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wavelength Guitar's 'The One'

'The One'


Dan at Wavelength Guitars and I are cooking up something special, a little thing we like to call 'The One'. The name is not for any special Sci-Fi reason but rather mainly cause calling it 'The One' was a whole lot easier then describing which one of Dan's creations we were talking about. Which one? - The One! oh That One!. Any how this Frankenstein is gonna be Bad Ass! The body is made from a super light Swamp Ash Hollow Body. So far we have installed a Mini Kaoss pad, Midi capable Pickups, a Piezo setup, Bill Lawrence Custom Noiseless Single Coil Pickups, and an Effects Send and Return loop so for example I can loop my Laptop or even my vocals or record player through the kaoss and out a separate jack or even through my floor pedals and amp! Good luck trying to figure that one out.

Special thanks to guitar maestro and electronics wizard Charlie Akeley for help with the schematics on this one. More to come! I tested out this puppy a few weeks back for the Hendrix Birthday show. It wasn't near complete - but I had to take it for a test drive. Nothing quite like a custom built instrument.


you can kind of see it here btw thats Shawn Smith - he rules!



stay tuned...

No comments: