Monday, November 19, 2007

Jimi Hendrix 65th Birthday Bash!


Well there you have it James Marshall Hendrix - all I can say is if I could point to the first thing that made me want to do this (be a musician) its Jimi. The guy would make me tingle to the bone - when no one else knew what a p erson can go through Jimi knew. I must have been 12 years old when a family friend from up the street bought me my first guitar -'The Terminator' - a black g uitar with a built in speaker - the first thing I learned was The Star Spangled Banner - Jimi style. I think I learned it in a single day - then I took the guitar out back and smashed it. Ahh those were the days. I wanted to be Michael Jordan and I wanted to be Jimi Hendrix.

Well its the man's 65th Birthday - what better way to pay homage then this. Welcome to the Columbia City Theater minutes away from where Jimi grew up - he even perfromed at the theater as a teen. The bill is with The Leon Hendrix Mysterience (thats Jimi's Blood Brother) and Sammy Drain Jimi's childhood jam buddy - no joke. These guys knew Jimi in a way most of the world will ne

ver know him. But we all get a pretty amazing idea. If you ask me he is a Legend, a Prophet, a Jokester, a Genius, and one of the greatest guitar players ever to walk the earth but that aint all. So join us for Jimi Hendrix 65th Birthday Bash November 27th at the Columbia City Theater 7- Midnight.
Oh and I can't forget to add the poster you see here will be screen printed and available at the show and was vreated by the masterful John Warner.


No comments: