Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Catching Up


Well its been a while since I have written here but I plan to catch up this month. For starters, I went back to my home town in Cape Town South Africa. I did some Skydiving, and I co-produced a recording for a group of kids from Kayalitsha.

As far as music goes I am excited to say things are going great. On the technical side I have a new custom guitar in the works built by a local violin maker Dave Krause. Dave is a remarkable luthier and I can't wait to post some pictures of the guitar I'd like to also add that the guitar will be blessed with a set of custom pickups made by the great vashon pickup guru Jason Lollar, and with be equiped (thanks to an endorsement) with Ghost Piezo Pickups. I have purchased recently a VG-99 system witch is keeping me busy. As well I have been working with a fantastic team of artists in a new project Max Head Inn (Skoi Sirius, Rich La Chappelle, and Myself) Spinning downtempo electronic music broadcasted in Surround Sound.

Since the last post I was invited into the studio to record some tracks for one of my all time favorite composers and all around great fucking guy Stone Gossard you may know from the Seattle music scene. Stone was listeneing to the AriSawkaDoria record and it turns out he really liked it... he got my number from Shawn Smith (another one of those great local heroes). I can't say when the album will come out but I can say that everything I heard I would put in the 5 star catagory. I have been working on a new batch of 30 or so songs with a very talented and passionate singer named Mesa. We have recorded a demo and I couln't be happier playing the rythm guitar/composer role. Its sort of a childhood dream of mine.

Stay tuned.
Live n Love

No comments: