Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introducing Big High








BIG HIGH at the High Dive
w/ The Filthy None, Danny Godinez, and China Davis
Friday September 11th 2009

I just want to introduce my new band which is called Big High. Big High is gaining momentum and it seems as though there is a buzz in the air about the project. Mesa, the singer for Big High says people are attracted to my 'Reckless Abandon'. As in, they don't understand it and are facinated by how it all works. I like to think he is one of the best singers I have ever heard in my entire life and that is what is attracting attention. The music is good fun to perform the last show we played I fell into the drums during a heated solo. It has been a dream of mine since a very young age to write songs and work with a world class singer. It may have been dormant during my 'Jazz Years' and Avant Garde' dabling but was always there. I think the turning point was when I got a call from a guy named Stone one day - he was listening to the AriSawkaDoria album (Chapter One - Produced by Michael Shrieve) and had al sorts of nice things to say. I was confused a bit as to wether I was a Jazz Player or a Rock player and well now I realize.
It's Both. Or more simply put - An Artist.

No comments: